Ensuring your workplace is up to scratch when it comes to broadband is important, with many of us relying solely on the internet to get the job done it’s never been a bigger issue making sure it’s at it’s best. Bad connection disrupts everything from meetings to tasks that should take minutes to complete, don’t let that be the case for you and your team.
Business broadband is a dedicated broadband connection that’s set up in an office or workspace to support a much larger demand for internet, it’s super reliable and cost effective. Let’s discuss the different types on offer.
Leased Line Broadband –
Leased lines can be used for Business VoIP, Internet and other data connectivity services including Software as a Sevice (SaaS) and Cloud Data Storage. They are unlike conventional telephone lines as both ends of the line are permanently linked, always on and dedicated so unaffected by local fluctuations in bandwidth demand.
A leased line is normally delivered over fibre which provides a more reliable and safer connection. Sometimes a leased line is also known as a leased Ethernet line, dedicated line, data circuit or private line.
Our options on offer with a leased line –
- Ethernet First Mile (EFM) – This connection uses the traditional copper network to deliver a connection to a business meaning the bandwidth is lower than fibre but can still provide the service you need
- Full Fibre – The fastest of all available internet connections which delivers average speeds of 10Gbps.
- Ethernet over FTTC (EoFTTC) – For businesses with access to local fibre-based cabinets, EoFTTC is similar to EFM but even cheaper
Priority Business Broadband
Business connections are two to five times faster than residential broadband, as well as receiving priority OpenReach support. Fibre broadband is also available to over 90% of UK making it a reliable and cost effective service. Although there is more to consider than just fast speeds when choosing the correct option for your business.
Our options on offer with priority business broadband –
- Speed & Capacity – Ensure your office runs smoothly and everyone can get their job done.
- Fibre Reliability – The last thing you want is problems when your team are depending on you to supply reliable Internet
- Support and service – Customers will receive priority OpenReach support over residential customers meaning any problem is fixed fast!
Get in touch today and allow us to find the right solution for you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01438 74 55 74.